First off…CONGRATULATIONS! What an exciting time in your life!
- You just got engaged!!!!! Yes, there are literally a MILLION things to plan but take a moment to experience all the emotions and joy that you get from getting “engaged”!!!
- Set a budget that focuses on what matters to you both. For some couples that could be the cocktail hour, for other couples that could be a cake that is the talk of the town for years to come. This will lead you to the tough decision of which vendors to invest the most in.
- That being said there are two vendors I would say are worth the investment. One being a quality planner and the other being an awesome photographer. Shameless plug there. But really these two people will make a world of a difference on your wedding day. A wedding planner will inevitably make your day go a trillion times smoother and your photographer will capture all the memories for years to come.
- Throw expectations to the wind. What I love about weddings is that no two weddings are the same. Nor should they be. Yet I recognize that we sometimes let others expectations impact decisions we make while planning our own wedding. Throw it all to the wind and create a wedding that most resonates with you both as a couple. Whether that be having a destination wedding with only a few of your closest friends and family or by having the party of the century. Feel the freedom to have the wedding that will bring you and your fiancé the most joy.
- Be present. This ties into my first point. Allow yourself to be present and let the little things go. Yes small hiccups may occur throughout the process of planning your wedding and even on your wedding day but remember to have fun and experience the joy of this season.